When alumni think of Homecoming, they think of attending the football game and seeing old friends, but Homecoming Week is much more than that. In fact, “UT Martin is All That!”
That theme for the 2023 Homecoming Week says it all, as from Oct. 15 through Oct. 22, the University of Tennessee at Martin will have several fun events and interesting programs to showcase the many facets of university life.
More than 30 events and programs line the university calendar for that week, including:
• The ROTC Homecoming Color Run will help open Homecoming Week at 2 p.m. on Oct. 15 at Pacer Pond, with a fireworks show there that begins at 8 p.m.
• The Skyhawk football team continues its quest for a third straight conference title when it takes on Charleston Southern at 2 p.m. on Oct. 21 in a Big South-Ohio Valley Conference Football Association matchup.
• The inaugural Dr. Henry H. Parker Speaker Series is a new tradition to add to the UTM Homecoming schedule with Dr. Ibram Kendi as this year’s featured speaker at 11 a.m. on Oct. 20.
• Alumni and their guests can gather at the Alumni After Hours social event at 5 p.m. on Oct. 19 in downtown Martin.
• The week concludes with a Homecoming brunch at 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 22 in the Boling University Center dining hall. Alumni can vote for their favorite Homecoming banner at the alumni Facebook page. Links to do that and more information about UTM Homecoming Week – including an up-to-date schedule of events and programs and lodging information – can be found at alumni.utm.edu/homecoming.
Photo: The UT Martin Aviators Marching Band plays through the quad during the 2022 Homecoming Week. The football team’s Skyhawk Walk is just one of several Homecoming events lined up for students, alumni and family and friends.