KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet Feb. 18-19 in Chattanooga.
The regular meeting of the full board will begin at 1:30 p.m. EST/12:30 p.m. CST on Feb. 19 in the UT Chattanooga University Center’s Tennessee Room at 642 E. 5th St. in Chattanooga. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Trustees also will meet at 1 p.m., Feb. 18, for a campus safety presentation in the University Center’s Tennessee Room.
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the regular meeting of the full board on Feb. 19. All meetings will be in the UT Chattanooga University Center’s Tennessee Room. Committee meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
8 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
10 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items include:
- President’s address
- Review of lecturer compensation analysis
- An update on UT Institute of Agriculture and UT Knoxville reunification
- Appointment of Mark Paganelli as treasurer
- Revised fiscal year 2019-2020 operating budget
- Fiscal year 2020-2021 tuition and fees for UT Health Science Center
- UT Health Science Center long-range campus master plan
- Amendments to the bylaws
- Annual performance review for UT System Interim President Randy Boyd
- New Bachelor of Science in Education with a deaf studies major and American Sign Language concentration and new Master of Legal Studies at UT Knoxville
- 2020 institutional mission profile statements
- Proposed department name change (Haslam College of Business at UT Knoxville)
- Honorary resolution for Ron Maples
The agendas and materials for the meeting are available at trustees.tennessee.edu/materials/2020-winter-meeting.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Saturday, Feb. 15. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first-come, first-served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 30 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact Jennifer Sicking, assistant director of media relations for the UT System, at 865-974-5179 or email@example.com to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Saturday, Feb. 15.
The University of Tennessee System distributes this notice to all faculty and staff as part of its compliance with the adequate public notice requirement of state open meetings law.