The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will meet June 21 in Knoxville.
The meeting of the full board will begin at 1 p.m. EDT/noon CDT in the UT Conference Center, 600 Henley Street, Knoxville. Public parking is available in nearby commercial lots. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Two board committees are scheduled to meet prior to the meeting of the full board. All meetings will be in the UT Conference Center. Committee meetings, which will be webcast, are scheduled as follows:
8 a.m. – Education, Research and Service Committee
10:15 a.m. – Finance and Administration Committee
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting will begin following a short break.
Agenda items for the trustees to consider include:
- Strategic plan refresh, 2019-2025
- Report of the Task Force on Effective Administration and Management
- Fiscal year 2019-2020 operating budget with salary plan, student tuition, fees, and room and board rates
- UT Chattanooga out-of-state undergraduate tuition proposal
- UT Chattanooga proposed increase in differential tuition for the College of Nursing
- Procedures governing compensation increases during FY 2019-20
- Report on campus processes for determining programs to be funded by the student programs and services fee
- Unifying the UT Institute of Agriculture with UT Knoxville and creating the Oak Ridge Institute at the University of Tennessee
- Tenure recommendations requiring board approval
- Capital projects
- Authorization to file a cy pres action in Knox County Chancery Court to sell property acquired from the Eugenia Williams estate
- Authorization to execute a nonjudicial settlement agreement and purchase and sale agreement with respect to UT’s beneficial interest in a certain trust property
- UT Chattanooga voluntary retirement incentive plan
- Revised board policy statement on travel
The full agenda for each meeting and materials will be available at https://trustees.tennessee.edu/ or by contacting Jennifer Sicking, assistant director of media relations for the UT System at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-974-5179.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, June 18. In accordance with the Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link), persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, and the total time available for speakers will be 60 minutes.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 19.